Wednesday, May 19

Christian Dior | Spring 2004 Haute Couture....The Make-up!

I feel comfortable saying that Christian Dior is in my top three list of favorite fashion houses. The Christian Dior Couture Runway shows are my favorite because the clothes and make-up are INCREDIBLE!!!  I'm always superrrr anxious to see what beauty looks they create each season, and I don't think my love for Dior will ever end, ever. Let me give you a little history, so maybe you'll understand my deep, almost obsessive love for Christian Dior and couture make-up.....

[Here we go....]

A few years ago, I made the decision that I wanted to pursue a profession in make-up artistry, and I had visions of doing wicked make-up! When I say wicked, I mean colorful, bold, dramatic make-up that is so fabulous, you can't help but notice it and think to yourself, "Wowww, now that's art!"  I told myself, "I want to be more than just a make-up artist, I want to create art using make-up." I then decided I had to purchase some eye shadow from M.A.C Cosmetics because I wanted to start practicing, plus, I could afford it and the colors were great: bold and daring! I was a tomboy growing up, until college, really, so I knew I needed to practice make-up application in order to gain skills and to improve, and what better canvas to practice on than my own face.  

[A year passes....]

I get my first cosmetics job working for Shiseido Cosmetics, woohoo!  I was familiar with the brand, based out of Japan, and I was excited to have the opportunity to advance my skills here. 

[A month passes....]

It's time for my first brand training with Shiseido, and I was excited! The training covered the history of the brand, the products [skincare/make-up/bodycare/fragrance/etc.], current beauty & fashion trends, product ingredients, etc.  It was this training where I saw my first Serge Lutens ad for Shiseido.  I was speechless.  The ads had so much style, class and uniqueness, and the make-up was creative and flawless!  
See for yourself:

  
INCREDIBLE!!!

Shortly after I discovered my love for Serge Lutens and creative make-up, I began noticing the make-up at Christian Dior. I always thought of Dior as a prestigious and elegant brand, but never paid the brand any attention because it was out of my price range. 

[Until one day....]

I started doing some internet research on Christian Dior advertising because I wanted to see how the brand was promoting their beautiful products, and stumbled across these vintage ads:



"Classy, but I want to see something more current." 

I continued my research and stumbled across these advertising pictures from 2003, 2004:



"Still elegant and classy, and the make-up is beautiful...flawless." 

Then I saw THISSSS:


"Are you kidding me?!!!" 

The clothing and make-up INSTANTLY captured my attention. I had never seen clothes and make-up of this caliber, and was shocked, amazed, thrilled and inspired!  I continued my research and found more pictures from the runway show above: 


"A-mazing, simply amazing."

Words that came to mind were: elegance, extreme, bold, daring and confident.

Christian Dior finally had my attention. I couldn't get enough of researching this brand, and all of their beauty looks from previous seasons, which also happen to be amazing. I loved this brand so much, I was determined to work for them, and finally did so in 2006.  I was hired as a freelance traveling artist for the brand, and was hand-picked to work alongside Patti DuBroff and other amazing Dior artists.

Good times, good times. 

I hope you now understand how my obsession for couture make-up and Christian Dior began.  It was a journey of discovery, and i'm glad that I arrived safely, teehee.

[Currently....]

  I LOVE this brand and their products are the epitome of luxury. If you're searching for a cosmetic brand that is luxurious, of the finest textures, with amazing color and pigment, give Dior a try - I think you'll be very satisfied.  The brand is a little pricey, so head to Sephora to test some of the products before purchasing, or head to your local Nordstrom and visit the retail counter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment