Tuesday, May 25

Covergirl Cosmetics | Mini-Makeover Event


A few weekends ago, I was hired by Covergirl Cosmetics to introduce their newest products and give mini makeovers in various CVS pharmacies. Everything was complimentary for the shoppers, and each lady also received a free Shine Blast Lip Gloss of their choice and Covergirl compact.

The products I used:


Clean Foundation  & Powder
Creamy Foundation w/ Olay Regenerist

Smoke Shadow Blast Eye Shadow
Lash Blast Mascara

Shine Blast Lip Gloss

Covergirl also had a surprise: A special appearance by Covergirl/Actress Dania Ramirez.  Dania came by for a few hours to take pictures and sign autographs, and she was very sweet, and very pretty.


I hadn't tried any of these products prior to the events, so I was anxious to see what they could do.  I was most curious about the finishes of each product, and if the product would last throughout the day.  I remember using Covergirl as a teen, but haven't really used the brand consistently since then. 

The ladies came, as well as a few men, and the makeovers began:


To my surprise, everything lasted, except for the Shine Blast Lip Gloss, which is very sheer and shiny. It is a true gloss, so if you want more pigment, wear a lipstick underneath it. 

I really enjoyed the Clean Foundation.  The product is sheer, not heavy, and the finish is really natural and pretty.  The foundation gives you enough coverage to feel comfortable wearing less make-up and it also allows your skin to breathe through the make-up.


'Before and After' pictures:

In her before picture, it's obvious that she has great skin, but she appears a bit washed out in her complexion.  I decided that she only needed the Covergirl Clean Foundation, a little bit of blush and the Shine Blast Lip Gloss, and she looks flawless.


This young lady also had great skin, but she didn't really wear make-up because she doesn't know how to apply it.  I decided to use the Covergirl Clean Powder to eliminate any shininess and provide her with a little bit of coverage. I used the Smoky Shadow Blast in 'Citrus Flair', some blush and Shine Blast Lip Gloss to finish her look. Isn't she a beauty?


She was special because she was also a make-up artist, specializing in Special Efx make-up! She told me that she wears make-up sometimes, and loves playing with color.  She also had great skin, so I used a small dabble of the Clean Foundation, the Tropical Eye Enhancers [Blue], blush and the Shine Blast Lip Gloss.


This young lady loves make-up, but dislikes a lot of make-up because she has enormous skin sensitivity which causes her to break out.  With that said, I had no choice but to use the Clean Foundation, which is oil free and light in coverage.  The foundation, a sweep of Clean Powder over her face and a little blush really gave her complexion a glow.

Here are more post-makeover photos:

I really enjoyed this experience as a whole.  I really love being able to help women when it comes to learning about beauty and how to apply make-up to oneself.  You'd be amazed to know that most of these women told me that they don't wear make-up not because they dislike it, but because they have NO clue how to apply it.

1 comment: